In 2019, the Dutch Catalysis Society (sectie Katalyse of the KNCV) will again award the KNCV-DCS Thesis Award to a talented young researcher. The award will be presented during the next, 20th anniversary, NCCC conference taking place from March 4-6, 2019 in Noordwijkerhout.
The nomination requirements for this award are:
- The candidate has succesfully defended his/her thesis at a Dutch or Flemish university during the perioid 1/1/2017 – 31/12/2018.
- The research of the thesis (of course) has to deal with catalysis related research.
- The nomination has to be accompanied by an electronic version of the thesis.
- The nomination has to be accompanied by a complete and updated publication list of the candidate (incl. manuscripts ‘in preparation’, ‘submitted’, ‘accepted’, ‘in press’, etc)
- Each group leader can nominate a maximum of two candidates (i.e. the group leader pre-selects and only nominates his/her best candidate(s))
- The nomination deadline is December 1, 2018. Nomination package to be send electronically (as PDF) to Harry.Bitter@wur.nl
The award consists of a certificate as well as 1250 Euros. The committee of the DCS Thesis Award 2019 will consist of industrial as well as academic experts (names to be determined as they depend on the received nominations).
For questions and/or more information, please contact
KNCV/DCS Thesis Award 2019
Prof.dr. J.H. (Harry) Bitter
Secretary of the Dutch Catalysis Society
Wageningen University and Research