In 2019 the Netherlands Catalysis and Chemistry Award (NCCA) will again be awarded. The NCCA recognizes and encourages significant achievements of individuals in fundamental and practice of catalysis. The selection will be based on accomplishments and contributions made within the last 10 years.
The award is sponsored by the Netherlands Organization of Catalysis Industries (VIRAN) and administered by the Dutch Catalysis Society (DCS). The award will be presented during the next, 20th anniversary, NCCC conference taking place from March 4-6, 2019 in Noordwijkerhout.
The nomination requirements for this award are:
- Candidates are active researchers from academia, research institutes or industry located in The Netherlands or Belgium. The candidate may have carried out part of the research in other countries or is currently active abroad.
- The nomination letter should describe the most important achievements, the impact of the research on the field and society, special accomplishments and achievements in the last 10 years.
- CV including full publication list (incl. patents).
- 10 most significant publications/patents in the last 10 years.
- Three support letters by established researchers in the field.
- The nomination deadline is December 1, 2018. The nomination package has to be sent electronically (as PDF) to email@example.com
The Netherlands Catalysis and Chemistry Award consists of a certificate and a prize of €10,000. The winner will be selected by a committee of renowned catalysis researchers, incl. Prof. Dr. Eelco Vogt (Chair VIRAN), Prof. Dr. Moniek Tromp (Chair DCS) and Prof. Dr. Isabel Arends. Additional members from industry and academia will be selected at a later stage and are dependent on the nominations coming forward.
For questions and or information, please contact Moniek Tromp:
Prof. Dr. Moniek Tromp, University of Groningen, firstname.lastname@example.org
Previous recipients of the prize are:
2009 Prof. Dr. B. M. Weckhuysen, Utrecht University
2015 Prof. Dr. B. Feringa, University of Groningen